OfficeSpace launches new distancing planner tool to help organisations safely reopen offices
OfficeSpace Software, a specialist in workplace management software, has launched Distancing Planner, a new tool to help organisations incorporate physical distancing into their back-to-office strategy.
Distancing Planner is available now to all clients as part of their subscription.
Distancing Planner leverages advanced analytics to quickly identify the optimum seating plan based on an organisation’s preferred distancing radius. The tool also provides real-time visibility of an organisation’s safe seating capacity and allows teams to visualise the seating capacity trade-offs at a range of distancing intervals.
Once a preferred seating plan is identified, users can easily label available desks, move employees to safe seats, split the floor into shifts, or convert workstations into bookable seating. The ability to show appropriate spacing between seats can help reassure employees of the steps the company has taken to ensure a safe return to the office.
OfficeSpace President and co-founder Ashkon Sabet says: “The pandemic has created massive and complex challenges for a safe return to the office. Client service is in our DNA, and we knew we needed to respond quickly. With the launch of this tool, we have the potential to significantly impact the effort required to plan a safe return. I’m proud to see how our team pivoted to quickly get this critical tool into the hands of our clients.”
Distancing Planner is part of a broader suite of tools within OfficeSpace that help organisations design and execute their Back to Office strategy, including:
• Bookable Desks: Give employees the flexibility to find, book, and check into workstations which comply with physical distancing guidelines. All available from their mobile device.
• Scenario Planning: Allow facility teams to easily collaborate on new floor plan options. Once a preferred setup is selected, a comprehensive list of changes is automatically created.
• Visual Directory: Provide employees the ability to see floor plan changes, navigate new traffic flows, and locate sanitising supplies on their mobile device.
• Shift Coordination: Mark and colour code seats for each shift, allowing proper distancing of workers on each shift and better coordination of cleaning efforts.
• Building Usage Reporting: Visualise daily usage of buildings, floors, and seats directly on your floor plan through an intuitive heatmap.