Equity Portfolio Management examines the latest innovations in the field of investment management.
Throughout the programme you will:
• develop deep insights into industry developments
• deepen your knowledge of modern portfolio theory
• identify the practical implications for increased portfolio performance.
The programme is structured around cutting-edge research and case studies which illustrate the real life challenges faced by professionals in the fund management industry.
• capital market expectations and asset allocation, portfolio optimisation and risk management models
• the trade-offs that come with active and passive investment strategies and how to use factor models to allocate assets
• recent advances in behavioural finance, risk management and alternative investments
• manager selection, monitoring and performance evaluation
• recent trends in alternative investments.
Gain a sophisticated toolkit to better manage:
• asset allocation
• portfolio optimisation
• risk measurement
• factor models of returns
• active-passive management
• long-short investing
• performance measurement
• style analysis.
Develop a strong understanding of recent developments in the industry and how they are having an impact on all aspects of investment management.
This programme is suitable for a wide range of financial professionals.
Wed, 26/08/2015 - 12:50
Alternative methods of accessing the private real estate market, including separate accounts, joint ventures and co-investments, are under the spotlight in this extract from the Preqin Investor Outlook: Alternative Assets, H2 2015. ... »
Tue, 04/08/2015 - 13:50
Over the last 10 years, organisations have undergone a wholesale change in the way they run their businesses. Thanks to cloud-based platforms, wireless Internet, and the proliferation of desktop and mobile device applications, the perimeter of most businesses has moved beyond the four walls of their office. This has revolutionised the way people work: no longer tied to their desks they can be equally as effective aboard an aircraft or sitting next to the beach on vacation. ... »
Fri, 05/06/2015 - 10:43
Cybersecurity issues have existed as long as the internet. What seems to have changed in the last 18 months is not only that the nature of the breaches has become more sophisticated, but also the fact that hedge funds have become a much bigger target. ... »
Wed, 16/09/2015 - 09:22
Read why alternative investment vehicles are lining up to set up in Malta not just as AIFs but also increasingly as AIFMs; the types of of managers and funds using Malta as their springboard into the EU; and, the various structures available to managers... »