Equity Portfolio Management examines the latest innovations in the field of investment management.
Throughout the programme you will:
• develop deep insights into industry developments
• deepen your knowledge of modern portfolio theory
• identify the practical implications for increased portfolio performance.
The programme is structured around cutting-edge research and case studies which illustrate the real life challenges faced by professionals in the fund management industry.
• capital market expectations and asset allocation, portfolio optimisation and risk management models
• the trade-offs that come with active and passive investment strategies and how to use factor models to allocate assets
• recent advances in behavioural finance, risk management and alternative investments
• manager selection, monitoring and performance evaluation
• recent trends in alternative investments.
Gain a sophisticated toolkit to better manage:
• asset allocation
• portfolio optimisation
• risk measurement
• factor models of returns
• active-passive management
• long-short investing
• performance measurement
• style analysis.
Develop a strong understanding of recent developments in the industry and how they are having an impact on all aspects of investment management.
This programme is suitable for a wide range of financial professionals.
Wed, 04/02/2015 - 14:08
Fund managers and investors are in a tug-of-war over the issue of transparency. Once content with a performance update, basic valuation and general market commentary, Limited Partners (LPs) are now digging deeper, asking more questions and requiring more information from General Partners (GPs) than ever before. ... »
Thu, 19/02/2015 - 18:04
Read how managers seeking to distribute in Europe can appoint a third party AIFM (or ManCo), and the fund distribution benefits this can bring, both for new fund launches and redomiciled funds... »
Tue, 10/02/2015 - 13:49
Global gross domestic product (GDP) growth should accelerate somewhat in 2015 and 2016 from the pace of the last three years because of much lower oil prices, the avoidance of special drags on the world economy, and continuing easy monetary policies from global central banks, according to BNY Mellon Chief Economist Richard Hoey. Hoey (pictured) made the comments in his February outlook. ... »
Fri, 30/01/2015 - 10:12
55% of private equity firms surveyed by Preqin at the end of 2014 stated they would deploy greater levels of capital in 2015, although 39% suggested it is more difficult to find attractive investments. Preqin’s Christopher Elvin comments: ... »
Tue, 20/01/2015 - 12:26
977 private equity funds held a final close throughout the year raising a total of USD486bn, higher than any annual amount between 2009 and 2012, and on track to match the 2013 total. Preqin’s Christopher Elvin (pictured) reviews a year of private equity fundraising: ... »