This 2 day practical course is designed to equip the delegates with a sound financial modelling skills and techniques to prepare and forecast financial statements needed in a modern corporate world. You will gain a firm understanding of the modelling process and financial ratios analysis.
The course is run in a very small group allowing for a direct interaction with the trainer throughout the whole course and each session is concluded with a practical model building exercise.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Build a financial model from a scratch using the best structuring techniques
• Use efficiently key Excel functions to construct sound financial forecasting models
• Create a forecast income, cash flow statement and balance sheet
• Interpret and analyse the key ratios used in a financial forecast
• Apply and analyse more complex issues in financial forecasting such as taxation, provisions, associates and NCIs
• Develop the analysis of balance sheet structures through a cash waterfall
• Use the financial ratios in the forecast analysis
• Prerequisites: Basic/intermediate knowledge of accounting
Register now - number of places is limited!
Fri, 19/12/2014 - 10:24
With service providers reporting growth in hybrid funds, funds for single investors and bespoke managed accounts, this report examines the regulations and new services being developed in Cayman to tackle the fast-changing offshore funds market... »
Fri, 30/01/2015 - 10:12
55% of private equity firms surveyed by Preqin at the end of 2014 stated they would deploy greater levels of capital in 2015, although 39% suggested it is more difficult to find attractive investments. Preqin’s Christopher Elvin comments: ... »
Mon, 24/11/2014 - 10:53
The GFM Guide to Relocation 2014 draws together in one volume the key points covering the relocation of investment funds and managers to the following major jurisdictions – The Bahamas, BVI, Guernsey, Malta and Ticino... »
Tue, 20/01/2015 - 12:26
977 private equity funds held a final close throughout the year raising a total of USD486bn, higher than any annual amount between 2009 and 2012, and on track to match the 2013 total. Preqin’s Christopher Elvin (pictured) reviews a year of private equity fundraising: ... »
Wed, 14/01/2015 - 13:22
Over half of infrastructure funds that closed in 2014 exceeded their fundraising target, up from 37% of funds in 2013. Andrew Moylan, Preqin’s Head of Real Assets Products, takes a look at infrastructure fundraising over the last 12 months: ... »