Understanding financial statements is the only window into the financial world, so we have to make them work for us.
Led by Chris Higson, Associate Professor of Accounting Practice, the Accounting and Financial Analysis programme explains how to assess the performance of a company by undertaking a careful analysis of its financial statements.
Gain a firm grounding in the issues surrounding corporate governance, key regulatory frameworks and an understanding of their impact on financial statements.
Download a brochure
• Financial statements and accounting standards
• Modern financial analysis techniques
• Revenue recognition and expense matching
• Assets and liabilities recognition.
Accounting and Financial Analysis is designed for anyone that is a user of financial statements.
On completion, you will be able to:
• Use financial statements to evaluate a company's performance
• Assess a company's ability to meet its liabilities
• Understand the impact of accounting standards and regulatory frameworks
• Understand major governance issues.
Accounting and Financial Analysis is offered in one-week and evening formats.
Thu, 07/05/2015 - 09:37
Cybersecurity issues have existed as long as the internet. What seems to have changed in the last 18 months is not only that the nature of the breaches has become more sophisticated, but also the fact that hedge funds have become a much bigger target. ... »
Thu, 30/04/2015 - 11:46
Private equity fundraising through the first quarter is examined in this extract from the Preqin Quarterly Update: Private Equity, Q1 2015. ... »