Electronic & Algorithmic Trading: Andes
As a result, electronic trading activity in this region is expected to grow exponentially in the coming years, compelling the need to implement structure and opportunistic algorithms to cut execution costs and add alpha. In particular, brokers will have to start developing region-specific algorithms to compete in the global markets and offer the best execution services in the region. This change in the mindset of traders, especially in the Andean region, is driving the adoption of electronic trading tools by both buy-side and sell-side firms and signaling a dramatic growth in market levels and volumes as the exchanges continue to work to develop their internal and external trading infrastructure.
This program will explore the issues, challenges and opportunities presented by the emerging trends and developments in cross-exchange and cross-asset trading facing the buy-side and sell-side traders in the Pacific Arc countries of Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru.
Topics will include:
• Navigating market structure, cross-border tax rules and pending regulatory changes: the impact of regulations on the markets and the vulnerability of certain strategies to regulatory intervention
• The pros and cons of algorithmic trading: benefits to the buy side, benefits to the sell side and the processes involved in moving to algorithmic trading
• Algorithmic feasibility: pre-trade requirements, order flow, utilizing algorithms, examples of the three phases of algorithm development (volume and time-based strategies, price based, shortfall-based and reduce impact strategies, and customized strategies)
• Staying ahead in the technology race: analyzing and optimizing systems, trade flow and automation, data management, embracing low-latency and co-location technologies
- How to set up a hedge fund