Topics at a glance:
• Tax and Regulatory Update: What Has Changed and How Do These Changes Affect Hedge Funds?
• Getting Ready for FATCA: A Practical Guide to Help Equip Your Fund with the Essentials!
• Year-End Tax Planning Strategies
• Tax Consequences of Contributions and Distributions of Securities
• Investor vs. Trader -- Digging Deeper Than Ever Before!
• Working Through the Intricacies of Cost-Basis Reporting Rules
• State and Local Tax Update
• Addressing Current Cross-Border Tax Implications Part 1 – Handling Outbound Investments
• Addressing Current Cross-Border Tax Implications Part 2 – Handling Inbound Investments
• Taxation of Swaps, Commodities and Other Contracts
• Surviving the IRS Audit – What to Expect When the IRS Comes Knocking
• K-1 Preparation Essentials – Effective Interpretation and Preparation
• Taxation of Fund Investments in Real Estate
Subscribers of Global Fund Media are entitled to a 10% discount. Mention FMP115 during registration to enjoy this offer. Click here for more information and to view the conference brochure
Wed, 26/08/2015 - 12:50
Alternative methods of accessing the private real estate market, including separate accounts, joint ventures and co-investments, are under the spotlight in this extract from the Preqin Investor Outlook: Alternative Assets, H2 2015. ... »
Tue, 04/08/2015 - 13:50
Over the last 10 years, organisations have undergone a wholesale change in the way they run their businesses. Thanks to cloud-based platforms, wireless Internet, and the proliferation of desktop and mobile device applications, the perimeter of most businesses has moved beyond the four walls of their office. This has revolutionised the way people work: no longer tied to their desks they can be equally as effective aboard an aircraft or sitting next to the beach on vacation. ... »
Fri, 05/06/2015 - 10:43
Cybersecurity issues have existed as long as the internet. What seems to have changed in the last 18 months is not only that the nature of the breaches has become more sophisticated, but also the fact that hedge funds have become a much bigger target. ... »
Wed, 16/09/2015 - 09:22
Read why alternative investment vehicles are lining up to set up in Malta not just as AIFs but also increasingly as AIFMs; the types of of managers and funds using Malta as their springboard into the EU; and, the various structures available to managers... »