How’s the Market Overview?
2012 proved to be an innovative year for China capital market with index-tracking funds and ETF all gained explosive growth. Assets in China ETFs have risen from just $12m in 2002 to $38.8bn at the end of August 2012, according to Deutsche Bank. Over the same period, the number of ETFs available to investors has risen from just one to 138. A major impetus for the development of the China-focused ETF market this year has been the decision of regulators to permit the launch of cross-border physical ETFs for the mainland and Hong Kong as well as cross-market ETFs within China that can invest in Shanghai and Shenzhen markets at the same time.
Any interesting news or product?
Another Hot Topic in China this year is that CSRC is relaxing the regulations on QDII launches and number of QDII product launches will continue to rise over the next 12 months as domestic investors build exposure to internationally diversified products. This year’s QDII products have been more diversified compared with previous funds. QDIIs not only focus on equities but also bonds, stock index and funds of funds. The return of QDII volume and the growing diversification of products are expected to create new opportunities for foreign asset managers.
Do you understanding the QDIIs?
Troubled the Performance of A-Share, QDII Became the Bellwether!
Relied on the strong growth momentum of the oversea market, QDII ended the situation of lagging behind the A-share fund and achieved astonishing changeover. By the end of October, 2012, QDII fund average income ratio had grown to 6.93%.
What we do and Why should you do?=(Win Win)
The 4th Indexing & ETF Investments Series™ is the largest & unique index and ETF investment conference brand in china with more than 1,200 attendees and over 100 speakers participated since 2010. This is the most prestigious event that the key decision makers would block their calendars for and share their insights on the hottest topics, key issue solutions and future orientations.
• A macro overview of the global ETF markets especially Asian ETF markets from industry expects
• In-depth analysis on the China ETF market as an emerging market – Will China maintain the growth in 2013?
• A complete overview of new ETF products development and innovation –Is commodity ETF, currency ETF, and gold ETF China’s next steps forward in 2013?
• An outlook of the next generation ETF products – How can China catch up with the path of global ETF products innovation?
• Latest information of the Cross-border ETFs – Will China open windows for more cross-border ETFs?
• A wide range talks on challenges and opportunities for international ETF providers to enter the Chinese market – Is that possible to challenge the occupation of domestic providers in mainland China?
• An extensive views exchange on the QDII investment theme in 2013 – Are there any new directions for QDII investment in 2013?
Thu, 19/02/2015 - 18:04
Read how managers seeking to distribute in Europe can appoint a third party AIFM (or ManCo), and the fund distribution benefits this can bring, both for new fund launches and redomiciled funds... »
Tue, 10/02/2015 - 13:49
Global gross domestic product (GDP) growth should accelerate somewhat in 2015 and 2016 from the pace of the last three years because of much lower oil prices, the avoidance of special drags on the world economy, and continuing easy monetary policies from global central banks, according to BNY Mellon Chief Economist Richard Hoey. Hoey (pictured) made the comments in his February outlook. ... »
Fri, 30/01/2015 - 10:12
55% of private equity firms surveyed by Preqin at the end of 2014 stated they would deploy greater levels of capital in 2015, although 39% suggested it is more difficult to find attractive investments. Preqin’s Christopher Elvin comments: ... »
Wed, 14/01/2015 - 13:22
Over half of infrastructure funds that closed in 2014 exceeded their fundraising target, up from 37% of funds in 2013. Andrew Moylan, Preqin’s Head of Real Assets Products, takes a look at infrastructure fundraising over the last 12 months: ... »
Tue, 20/01/2015 - 12:26
977 private equity funds held a final close throughout the year raising a total of USD486bn, higher than any annual amount between 2009 and 2012, and on track to match the 2013 total. Preqin’s Christopher Elvin (pictured) reviews a year of private equity fundraising: ... »